Friday, January 22, 2010

It's the ties that bind that keep us all alive...

It’s sunny today. I have finally wiped the mud from my eyes and can see the sun shining down on me. My body is bruised and fatigued from the fight, but that can be fixed. It has taken a long time and great effort, but the walls have finally tumbled to the ground. The tall, over bearing walls are merely little twigs now left on the ground to decompose and to be walked on, much like the monster who once lived inside me. The blueprint for the foundation still exists somewhere deep within my trail of thought. Thus, there is still a possibility that the sense of eternal damnation could return. I will stomp on the twigs each and every day in attempt to prevent a return.

The weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders. I can only hope and pray, and live each day to it’s fullest. This is who I am. I have finally risen from the smothering depths of depression and been revived. I owe a lot to the heroes who never cut the ties that kept me alive when I had convinced myself I was dead. No matter how deep “I” buried myself, you always managed to radiate your strength and your courage into my soul. Thank you for keeping me alive.

Now that I have risen to Earth and freed myself from confinement, it is time to begin my journey to the moon. You never know when you’re going to die, biologically or psychologically, so take advantage of the days you have as the free, happy, caring, creative, and stubborn person you are. I forgot I was a person once, and where the moon was, and how to stay on Earth. But because of you, I’m half way to the moon, & I’m never turning back. :-)

Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. congratulations - and always try to hold on to how it feels when you escape the madness. It's so easy to forget when the dark hole looms up in front of you again.

    ReplyDelete