Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Home

Gone are the days when things were planned
Our every step was clear
The word began at our front door
And ended in Carbonear
The world was our playground
As we laughed and made mud pies
So carefree and unaware
While lost in starry skies
Through the years we began to grow
Into responsible young human beings
We learned to care for ourselves
And actually make sense of things
Now we gaze off into the darkness
And realize it never stops
We are small, insignificant creatures
In a world of ambiguous plots
Worry fills our heads now
As we venture out from home
So much to discover
New responsibilities of our own
See, the time has come to go
To leave this vulnerable shore
The darkness holds for us a mystery
Of faith, decision, and more
Wherever life can take me
I will always wander back
To a tiny fishing community
Where nothing did I lack
Oh, how I will miss the certainty
And the warmth felt in your hold
I'll always be a bay man
In my mind, my heart, my soul

No comments:

Post a Comment