Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I Grew Up - written in Gr. 8

I grew up in a tiny little cove
Between two cliffs there was a grove
It was my favorite place to go
Whether there was rain or snow

I'd go and read, laugh and play
With my friends, I'd spend my day
I never thought I'd leave that place
Now in my heart there's an empty space

I still remember how time would fly
How I laughed, how I cried
How I would run, how I would play
And say to the trees, "How are you today?"

I never thought I'd leave that place I called home
But now I have a family of my own
In a town my children will grow
That happiness, they will never know

But I grew up in a tiny little cove
Between two cliffs, in a grove
It was and is a my favorite place
To go have fun and put a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment